Over 170 people around the globe were arrested on suspicion of participating in a massive credit card scam, reports Reuters. Fourteen countries were involved, and although most of the arrests were in Spain, there were also raids and/or arrests in Romania, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Sweden, Greece, Finland, Hungary, and the United States. In all, police say they discovered at least 120,000 stolen credit card numbers.
Authorities Bust International Credit Card Cloning Ring
By cwalters June 15, 2010
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers
- confronting the issue Identity Theft Victim Confronts Alleged Scammer
- organized crime Man Recruited Homeless To Help Him Steal As Much As $800K From Home Depot
- if at first you don't succeed Man Arrested For Selling Stolen Gift Cards Re-Arrested For Allegedly Using More Stolen Gift Cards To Pay Lawyer
- scamalamadingdong Feds Arrest 61 For Alleged Indian Call Center Scam That Bilked Millions From Consumers