Over 170 people around the globe were arrested on suspicion of participating in a massive credit card scam, reports Reuters. Fourteen countries were involved, and although most of the arrests were in Spain, there were also raids and/or arrests in Romania, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Sweden, Greece, Finland, Hungary, and the United States. In all, police say they discovered at least 120,000 stolen credit card numbers.
Authorities Bust International Credit Card Cloning Ring
By cwalters June 15, 2010
- plastic fantastic Trio Charged With Running “One-Stop Shop” For Blank Bogus Credit Cards, Holographic Overlays
- crime doesn't pay Two Men Arrested For Using Credit Card Numbers Stolen From Target
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers
- knock knock Cops Pose As Pizza Delivery Guys To Arrest Robbers Using Stolen Credit Card
- who wants pizza? ID Thieves Use Domino’s Ordering App To Check Stolen Card Numbers