Radio Shack, oh, I’m sorry, “The Shack” is on the auction block. Private equity groups like Blackstone Group are bidding for it, and Best Buy could be a possible secret contender as well, according to the Post. I guess that scheme to dominate the market by knowing the zip code of every battery purchaser didn’t work out so hot. (Thanks to Gary!)
Anyone Want To Buy Radio Shack?
By Ben Popken June 1, 2010
- just in time for the holidays Amazon To Make Echo Available At Home Depot, Radio Shack, Other Retailers
- full speed ahead Sprint Finds Another Retail Buddy To Open 500 More Stores
- Billion Dollar Deal Fresh Market Sold To Private Equity Firm, Apollo Global, For $1.36B
- radioshack afterlife RadioShack’s VP Of Stores Keeps Reminding People That It Still Exists
- another one bites the dust Another Sporting Goods Company Files For Bankruptcy; All Sport Chalet Stores Closing