BP failed in its efforts this weekend to stop the worst of the Gulf of Mexico oil leaks with a 98-ton concrete and steel cap. The company said the dome’s aperture became clogged by gas hydrates, and the hydrates also nearly built up to a level that would have lifted and dislodged the the stopper. “I wouldn’t say it has failed yet,” said Doug Suttles, a BP officer, at a news conference Saturday. “What I would say is what we attempted to do last night didn’t work.” BP said later this week they will try to plug the hole with rubber.
BP's Oil Cap Misses, Crude Still Spews
By Ben Popken May 10, 2010
- doggie deckhands Lawyer Accused Of Submitting 40K False Claims Against BP After Oil Spill (Including One For A Dog Named Lucy)
- "billion" with a capital bp BP Must Pay $20.8 Billion In Finalized Settlement With Feds, Five States For 2010 Gulf Disaster
- changing trends Electric Vehicles Could Cut Gasoline Demand By 20% In Next 20 Years
- hey it's me elon Tesla Claims Man With Pals In Big Oil Tried To Impersonate Elon Musk
- a hot mess Lawsuit: Bath & Body Works Portable Fragrances Can Melt Into A Leaky Mess