Citing “dwindling demand,” Sony announced it’s terminating the floppy disk for good. It has already stopped selling the 3.5 inch disks in most areas, and will stop selling them in Japan in March 2011. I have fond memories of copying shareware games to play on my Mom’s Macintosh Plus in the 80’s. Ah, those were more naive times. Share your floppy disk reminisces in the comments.
Sony Kills The Floppy Disk
By Ben Popken April 27, 2010
- coming to terms Sony Pictures Will Pay Up To $8M To Settle Data-Breach Case Brought By Employees
- quill killer States Hungry For Online Sales Tax Looking At Challenge To South Dakota Law
- it's happening Sony Confirms It Will Sell A More Powerful PlayStation 4, Codenamed “Neo”
- game on [Update] Sony’s Fall Plans: Two New PS4 Versions, Price Hike For PlayStation Plus
- the future is near PlayStation VR To Sell For $399, Go On Sale In October