Citing “dwindling demand,” Sony announced it’s terminating the floppy disk for good. It has already stopped selling the 3.5 inch disks in most areas, and will stop selling them in Japan in March 2011. I have fond memories of copying shareware games to play on my Mom’s Macintosh Plus in the 80’s. Ah, those were more naive times. Share your floppy disk reminisces in the comments.
Sony Kills The Floppy Disk
By Ben Popken April 27, 2010
- the late mavica era Raiders of the Lost Walmart Will Accessorize Your Ancient Digital Camera
- the big click wheel in the sky Today, Apple Debuted A Watch And Killed The iPod Classic
- it's friday The “Floppy Organ” Is An Instrument Made Out Of 49 Floppy Disk Drives
- freedom from obsolescence Lost Andy Warhol Computer Art Found 30 Years Later, Languishing On Floppy Disks
- Not turning Back the clock Don’t Expect To Play Your PS3 Games On A PS4 Anytime Soon