Last week, Mercedes showed a bunch of journalists some new safety features it’s working on to prevent deaths in the event of a car crash, and BNET describes them. I hope you like air bags going off all around you–the demo even has air bags for the car. Sadly, the people-scooper feature–something about when you hit a pedestrian, the car “scoops” the body onto the hood and keeps the person there, probably so that his screaming can alert you that you’ve been in an accident–will only be available in Europe.
Mercedes Shows Off New Safety Feature For Cars
By cwalters March 9, 2010
- it's not jon hamm's fault Mercedes Pulls Potentially Confusing Ads For 2017 E-Class That Call The Car ‘Self-Driving’
- today in badvertising Hyundai Will Review TV Ad Featuring Profoundly Irresponsible Driver
- it's getting hot in here Mercedes Recalls 250,000 Vehicles Because Taillight Issue Could Lead To Small Trunk Fires
- recalls Another 4.4 Million Cars From 11 Brands Recalled For Takata Airbags
- oops GM CEO & NHTSA Director Admit Maybe They Messed Up This Ignition Recall