Two Burger King workers in Jacksonville, Florida have been arrested and charged with “poisoning food with intent to kill or injure a person,” reports WJXT. One customer took the bun off his fish sandwich to season it and found a blue pill smashed into mayo and lettuce. It turned out to be the painkiller hydrocodone.
That customer didn’t eat the sandwich, but WJXT says a 21-year-old did and had to be taken to the hospital after having a seizure.
The employee who is suspected of actually placing the pills in the food was described as “disgruntled and angry at the business” over a recent misconduct suspension, according to the district manager.
“Man Finds Pill In Burger King Sandwich” [News4Jax.com] (Thanks to Jason!)