Wired reports that the government is considering a ban on the import of Burmese pythons and eight other “injurious species” of snake, because loser pet owners in Florida keep releasing them into the wild where they breed and take over. If enacted, the ban would only affect imports, not sales by breeders in the US, but prices will probably shoot up.
Buy Your Giant Snakes While They're Still Affordable
By cwalters January 21, 2010
- what's in my shoe? U.S. Government Wants To Keep 300 Pairs Of Manolo Blahnik Shoes Made From Rare Species Of Snake
- not an anaconda Man Caught On Camera In Pet Store Shoving Python Down Pants
- snakes on a bus Philadelphia Bus Evacuated After A Four-Foot Snake Gets Loose
- megabreweries Customer Sues AB InBev Because Leffe Beer Isn’t Brewed In A Monastery
- lacey act Lumber Liquidators Pleads Guilty To Selling Hardwood From Endangered Big Cat Habitats