“Tobacco products today are really the only human-consumed product that we don’t know what’s in them,” the director of the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products said to the Associated Press. To address that, the agency has told tobacco companies to provide a list of the ingredients in their cigarette brands by June 2010. The FDA says it won’t publicize a lot of the data in order to protect trade secrets, but that by June 2011 it will publish a list of “harmful and potentially harmful” ingredients, at which point tobacco companies will have to start listing the amounts of each one on their products.
FDA Wants Tobacco Companies To Submit Ingredients List By June
By cwalters January 18, 2010
- A long Time Coming FDA Bans Sale Of E-Cigarettes To Minors; Requires Health Warnings
- They aren't the same RJ Reynolds Ordered To Stop Selling 4 Cigarette Brands
- quit it FDA Warns 4 Tobacco Makers To Stop Selling Flavored Cigarettes Labeled As Cigars
- up in smoke FDA Regulation Of E-Cigarettes Would Only Help Big Tobacco, Say Vaping Startups
- smokeless smoking Philip Morris Applies To Bring Heated-Up Tobacco Sticks To U.S.