“Whether or not the new security is making us safer, it seems to be making us slower.” So says a pretty graph over at GOOD magazine shows the dramatic increase in sluggishness 10 major airports. Percentage of departures canceled or delayed has jumped up from last year. The worst offenders? Forth Worth, Dallas, and Kennedy, at 70%, 55% and 51%, respectively. We eke ever closer to a Soviet Russia model of air travel. Eventually we’ll have to bribe the pilots to take off.
Flight Delays Jump
By Ben Popken January 14, 2010
- almost made it Man Arrested After Making It Through Security, Boarding Plane Without Ticket
- not getting there on time Ongoing Power Outage At LaGuardia Airport Delays Some Flights Three Hours
- another glitch Glitch Blamed For Latest United Airlines Delays
- Get Out While You Still Can Some Airlines Prepare For Thanksgiving Snow Storm, Waive Flight Change Fees
- not what you want to hear American Airlines Pilot Removed From Flight, Arrested After Failing Breathalyzer