“Whether or not the new security is making us safer, it seems to be making us slower.” So says a pretty graph over at GOOD magazine shows the dramatic increase in sluggishness 10 major airports. Percentage of departures canceled or delayed has jumped up from last year. The worst offenders? Forth Worth, Dallas, and Kennedy, at 70%, 55% and 51%, respectively. We eke ever closer to a Soviet Russia model of air travel. Eventually we’ll have to bribe the pilots to take off.
Flight Delays Jump
By Ben Popken January 14, 2010
- almost made it Man Arrested After Making It Through Security, Boarding Plane Without Ticket
- not getting there on time Ongoing Power Outage At LaGuardia Airport Delays Some Flights Three Hours
- bad news United Airlines’ Computer System Back Up, Delays Linger Nationwide [Update]
- Get Out While You Still Can Some Airlines Prepare For Thanksgiving Snow Storm, Waive Flight Change Fees
- unexpected slumber parties 450 American Airlines Passengers Stranded At O’Hare Airport Overnight Because Of Long TSA Lines