Two-year operation nets 100 phishers “Operation Phish Phry uncovered an international conspiracy that was allegedly using phishing tactics to steal personal information from account holders at American financial institutions. The investigation was conducted on the U.S. end by the FBI, the United States Attorney’s Office, and the Electronic Crimes Task Force in Los Angeles.” [Consumer Reports Electronics]
By alexchasick October 13, 2009
- Do The Crime ServeThe Time $5M Credit Card Skimming Scheme Nets Man Seven Years In Jail
- taking a deeper look Feds Investigating Wells Fargo After Employees Open 2 Million Fake Accounts
- is anyone listening to me Who Am I Supposed To Call When My Credit Card Info Is Stolen?
- stopping the scam Banks Are The Key To Stopping Scammers That Target One In Five Older Americans
- cross-country crimes Former LAX Baggage Handlers Charged With Trafficking Cocaine