T-Mobile Sidekicks lose data, with lessons for phone carriers and users “Phones need to make it relatively easy to back up the data they carry, preferably locally to your computer, and cell phone owners should take advantage of those methods. Those are among the lessons of the past weekend’s T-Mobile sidekick incident, in which Microsoft irreparably wiped out the contacts, call history, and other data for an specified number of Sidekick owners” [Consumer Reports Electronics]
By alexchasick October 13, 2009
- untalkative Don’t Like Talking? Save Money By Ditching Voice Service For Your T-Mobile Smartphone
- not playing along T-Mobile CEO: Apple SIM That Should Let Users Switch Mobile Carriers Is Crippled By Mobile Carriers
- competition is good T-Mobile Fires Back At Verizon, Improves Its Unlimited Plan
- read the fine print Sprint Promises To Actually Cut Your Bill In Half This Time, Maybe
- we know where you've been Should Police Need A Warrant To Obtain Your Cellphone Location Data?