Apparently burgers are recession-proof. In fact, according to a recent survey cited by the Boston Globe, “It may be one area of food service where [consumers] are less willing to cut back, despite the current economic environment.” We didn’t know there was a shortage of burger options in the U.S., to be honest, but about half of us think restuarants should offer more burger variety.
Americans Love Burgers. A Lot.
By cwalters September 14, 2009
More From Consumerist
- One Sickened Chipotle Customer Will Get Her Damages In The Form Of Free Burritos
- We’re Spending More At Restaurants, But Not Because We’re Dining Out More
- Burger King’s “Slightly Congealed” Mac N’ Cheetos Underwhelm Customers, Food Reviewers
- Woman Claims Her Burger King Sandwich Came With Extra Ingredient: Mold
- Chipotle Will Open Its First Burger Restaurant In Ohio This Fall