Highway safety group calls for texting ban In light of a recent study finding that texting while driving increases “crash or near-crash risk” by 23 times, the Governors Highway Safety Association is calling for every state to ban drivers from texting. Currently, 18 states and DC have a ban in place. [Consumer Reports Cars]
By alexchasick September 1, 2009
More From Consumerist
- NHTSA Shames Distracted Drivers With #JustDrive Twitter Hashtag
- NHTSA Is Looking Into Fatal Crash Of Tesla Model S In Autopilot Mode
- New York Bill Would Require Drivers Involved In Crashes To Submit Phones To “Textalyzer”
- Could You Get Sued For Texting Someone While They Are Driving?
- NHTSA: Self-Driving Cars Need To Be Twice As Safe In Order To Reduce Traffic Deaths