Poisoning Now Second Leading Cause Of Accidental Death Over the last few years, poisoning has overtaken firearms as the second most common cause of accidental death, behind car accidents. Most poisonings are the result of ingestion of medication, not from ingesting something that comes in a container bearing a skull and crossbones, so if you have kids, make sure you secure your medications. [Consumer Reports Safety]
By alexchasick August 12, 2009
More From Consumerist
- To Prevent Poisoned Kids, Lock Up Both The Pot Brownies And The Toothpaste
- Sweetener Used In Gum Blamed For Increase In Accidental Dog Poisonings
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- FDA: Keep Your Dogs Away From Gum, Nut Butters Containing Xylitol
- Chipotle Still Doesn’t Know Which Ingredient Caused E. Coli Contamination In 8 Restaurants