An early morning Southwest flight headed to Orlando from Connecticut only got as far as Long Island this weekend, after an inexplicable burning smell at the back of the plane forced an early landing. Turns out the unexplained smell was, well, something we’re only too familiar with: airline coffee. The plane was quickly cleaned up and put back into operation. But let’s call it a brewed awakening.
Southwest Jet Grounded Due To Horrific Burning Smell: Turns Out It Was Just The Coffee Maker
By Lucy_Bayly July 30, 2009
- sparks literally flying United Airlines Flight Turns Around After Sparks Spotted Coming From Seats In First Class
- grounded by grounds Why Your Airline Has To Make Sure Your Plane’s Coffee Maker Works Before You Can Take Off
- not this again Dear Travelers: Please Don’t Choke Your Fellow Passengers Over Reclined Seats
- a short bumpy ride Two Sent To Hospital After Southwest Flight Hits Turbulence
- delays Southwest Getting Flights In The Air Again Today After Cancelling 700 Flights; Expect Big Backlog