Before buying from potentially unscrupulous merchants, call up your credit card company and ask for a virtual credit card number. The disposable numbers expire after a single use, preventing merchants from signing you up for added or recurring charges. Virtual numbers are available to Citi, Discover, PayPal, and Bank of America customers.
Buy Safely Online With Virtual Credit Cards
By consumeristcarey July 27, 2009
- virtual wallets Tap Or Scan Here To Pay: Know Your Mobile Payment Apps
- a card by any other number Card Canceled After Target Data Breach Hit With Fraudulent Charge Anyway
- just a number? Discover Giving Free FICO Scores To All Cardholders, But Are They Actually Useful?
- bill of swipes Is A Restriction On Credit Card Surcharges A Free Speech Violation?
- Free Scores And Higher Fees Citibank Raises Fees For Accounts, But Plans To Offer Free Credit Reports To Some Customers