Before buying from potentially unscrupulous merchants, call up your credit card company and ask for a virtual credit card number. The disposable numbers expire after a single use, preventing merchants from signing you up for added or recurring charges. Virtual numbers are available to Citi, Discover, PayPal, and Bank of America customers.
Buy Safely Online With Virtual Credit Cards
By consumeristcarey July 27, 2009
- making sense of it all 10 Answers To Credit Card Questions We Get Asked All The Time
- virtual wallets Tap Or Scan Here To Pay: Know Your Mobile Payment Apps
- numb3rs What The Numbers On Your Credit Card Indicate
- bill of swipes Is A Restriction On Credit Card Surcharges A Free Speech Violation?
- hack attack Big Credit Card Data Breach Hits Bars And Restaurants Using Harbortouch Point-of-Sale Systems