Before buying from potentially unscrupulous merchants, call up your credit card company and ask for a virtual credit card number. The disposable numbers expire after a single use, preventing merchants from signing you up for added or recurring charges. Virtual numbers are available to Citi, Discover, PayPal, and Bank of America customers.
Buy Safely Online With Virtual Credit Cards
By consumeristcarey July 27, 2009
- virtual wallets Tap Or Scan Here To Pay: Know Your Mobile Payment Apps
- psa Amazon Can Charge Any Subscription To Any Card You Have On File If Your Primary Card Expires
- making new pals PayPal And Mastercard Become In-Store Payment Pals
- one last time Credit Card Forgers Going On One Last Crime Spree While Magnetic Stripe Readers Are Still Prevalent
- Who's Responsible Now? The Chip-And-PIN Credit Card Era Starts Today. What You Need To Know