A happy flight attendant makes for a happy flight, and 24-year-old flight attendant Brandi Lynne has a list of 10 things you can do to make your next flight a little more enjoyable…
10. Smile! Just like your mother always said, positivity is contagious.
9. Don’t Hog The Overhead Compartment: Your jacket doesn’t belong in the overhead compartment, and you don’t want to be the guy with the seat in the back stealing the overhead up front.
8. Keep The Aisle Clear: Nobody likes obstacle courses. Keep your things out of the aisle or you will get hit with a galley cart.
7. Keep The Demands Reasonable: Not all flight attendants can help you lift your bags. If you’re told no, don’t roll your eyes.
6. Listen To The Safety Briefing: Yeah, we’ve all ignored the briefings, and apparently it really annoys the flight attendants. Pay attention for just a minute and they’ll love you forever.
5. Take Your Headphones Off When Ordering: It reduces confusion and it’s not like you would talk to anyone else while wearing headphones.
4. Be Nice: Don’t tell flight attendants how to do their job. They’ll help if they can, but if they can’t, an attitude solves nothing.
3. Appreciate What’s Left Of The Food: Well, well, well, look who feels bad for making fun of airline food all those years. Now it’s gone and you’re still complaining? The flight attendants aren’t hiding hot meals in the back. If you’re that upset, write a letter.
2. Deal With Dirty Diapers Yourself: Do not hand these to your flight attendant, ever. Lavatories have baby changing stations. Use them.
1. No Touching! Do we really have to tell you not to poke your flight attendant? Apparently!
For extra-decent service, offer candy to your flight attendants. They won’t forget you.