MSN Money has a list of 10 secrets about gas stations that could cost you money if you don’t know about them. The best ones are about why you shouldn’t use a debit card. For example, some stations will ask banks to place a hold on some of the cash in your account to cover your purchase, and won’t report the real purchase amount for a few days, leaving your cash in limbo.
10 Things You Should Know About Gas Stations
By cwalters July 7, 2009
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers
- ATM skimmers Inspectors In Massachusetts Combing Gas Stations, Other Card Readers For Skimmers
- cash only Average ATM Fees Hit Record High Of $4.52, Up 21% Over 5 Years
- convenience stores Cumberland Farms Uses Payment App To Create Loyal Customers
- skim scams Some Jerks Are Using Bluetooth Card Skimming Devices At Dallas Gas Stations