MSN Money has a list of 10 secrets about gas stations that could cost you money if you don’t know about them. The best ones are about why you shouldn’t use a debit card. For example, some stations will ask banks to place a hold on some of the cash in your account to cover your purchase, and won’t report the real purchase amount for a few days, leaving your cash in limbo.
10 Things You Should Know About Gas Stations
By cwalters July 7, 2009
- skimmer scammers 2 Men Accused Of Using ATM Skimmer To Take $500K From US Bank Customers
- making sense of it all 10 Answers To Credit Card Questions We Get Asked All The Time
- skimmer scammers Investigation Found 103 Card Skimmers In Florida Gas Stations
- skim scam flimflam Cops Using GPS To Track Credit Card-Skimming Devices Back To Scammers
- the consumerists of tomorrow How To Not Suck… At Teaching Your Kids About Money