Rather than layoffs, a number of employers are turning to furloughs – forced unpaid time off – to meet their budgets. According to a NYT article, employees are handling them in different ways. Some use it as chill time. Others keep working anyway without pay, either out of guilt, routine, or fear of an actual layoff. Has your company been hit with furloughs? How are you dealing? Take our poll inside.
Furloughs: Welcome Or Lousy?
By consumerist.com June 15, 2009
- Fewer people Watching the sky Union Claims Air Traffic Controller Shortage Could Lead To Widespread Flight Delays
- amazonian NY Times Claims Amazon Is A Cruel, Soul-Devouring Workplace; Jeff Bezos Disagrees
- winning back customers 10 Things We Learned About United Airlines’ Efforts To Not Annoy Customers
- making preparations Staples Cuts Jobs In Preparation For Life With Or Without Office Depot Merger
- Cutting In More Ways Than One Target Confirms 3,100 Jobs Being Cut, Left Unfilled At Minneapolis Headquarters