Rather than layoffs, a number of employers are turning to furloughs – forced unpaid time off – to meet their budgets. According to a NYT article, employees are handling them in different ways. Some use it as chill time. Others keep working anyway without pay, either out of guilt, routine, or fear of an actual layoff. Has your company been hit with furloughs? How are you dealing? Take our poll inside.
Furloughs: Welcome Or Lousy?
By consumerist.com June 15, 2009
- Fewer people Watching the sky Union Claims Air Traffic Controller Shortage Could Lead To Widespread Flight Delays
- good news bad news Sprint To Lay Off 2,000 Customer Service Employees
- winning back customers 10 Things We Learned About United Airlines’ Efforts To Not Annoy Customers
- tears for sears Kmart Lays Off More Employees, Turns Sales Floor Into Big Pile Of Boxes
- hit the road Report: Walmart To Lay Off Hundreds Of Employees By End Of The Month