Ever feel like everything gives people cancer these days? Well, you might not be too far from the truth. A Scripps News investigation found that “radioactive waste is being mixed with other metals in scrap yards and recycling facilities, often overseas, and then shipped into the U.S. in a range of consumer products.” The products include household cheese graters, recliners, handbags and forks and knives, along with fences, shovels, elevator buttons, airline components and building steel. [Yahoo! Green] (Thanks to Liz!) (Photo: Richard Faulder)
Beware The Radioactive Cheese Graters
By Ben Popken June 8, 2009
- no swiping California Authorities Stepping Up Efforts To Combat Cardboard Thefts
- taste the listeria Cheese Company With Leaky Roof, “Uncleanable Surfaces” Pleads Guilty To Selling Listeria-Tainted Food
- what time is it? cheese time A Watch Made With Swiss Cheese Exists
- disposing of dangerous phones Samsung To Sell, Rent Refurbished Recalled Galaxy Note 7 Smartphones — But Not In The U.S.
- recall 146,000 Garbage Disposals Recalled Over Flying Metal Pieces