Ever feel like everything gives people cancer these days? Well, you might not be too far from the truth. A Scripps News investigation found that “radioactive waste is being mixed with other metals in scrap yards and recycling facilities, often overseas, and then shipped into the U.S. in a range of consumer products.” The products include household cheese graters, recliners, handbags and forks and knives, along with fences, shovels, elevator buttons, airline components and building steel. [Yahoo! Green] (Thanks to Liz!) (Photo: Richard Faulder)
Beware The Radioactive Cheese Graters
By Ben Popken June 8, 2009
- pocket change All Those Quarters You Lose In Your Car Go To China… And Then Get Sold Back To The U.S.
- like a hot knife through you-know-what 8 Gadgets Devoted Solely To Spreading Butter On Stuff
- worst wishing well ever We Throw $62 Million Worth Of Coins In The Trash Every Year
- foodborne illnesses October Food And Supplement Recall Roundup: Beware Of Surprise Cheese Curls
- unsolicited merchandise Williams-Sonoma Wasn’t Really Running A ‘Buy One Knife, Get 99 Free’ Sale