Ever feel like everything gives people cancer these days? Well, you might not be too far from the truth. A Scripps News investigation found that “radioactive waste is being mixed with other metals in scrap yards and recycling facilities, often overseas, and then shipped into the U.S. in a range of consumer products.” The products include household cheese graters, recliners, handbags and forks and knives, along with fences, shovels, elevator buttons, airline components and building steel. [Yahoo! Green] (Thanks to Liz!) (Photo: Richard Faulder)
Beware The Radioactive Cheese Graters
By Ben Popken June 8, 2009
- no swiping California Authorities Stepping Up Efforts To Combat Cardboard Thefts
- well that was quick Judge Overturns NYC Ban On Foam Containers
- pocket change All Those Quarters You Lose In Your Car Go To China… And Then Get Sold Back To The U.S.
- like a hot knife through you-know-what 8 Gadgets Devoted Solely To Spreading Butter On Stuff
- metal shards Kraft Recalls 242,000 Cases That May Contain Macaroni And Cheese And Metal Shards