If we owned a Blockbuster franchise, we’d seriously think about just renting out the space to a bunch of Redbox kiosks. Blockbuster reported a 42% drop in revenue for the first quarter of 2009, which CEO Jim Keyes blamed on people going out to watch movies at theaters instead. Regarding the Redbox threat, Keyes said they hope to have 3,000 kiosks functioning by the end of the year. Redbox, on the other hand, has about 12,000. [Reuters]
By cwalters May 15, 2009
- au revoir redbox Sorry Canada, No More Redbox For You
- going the way of blockbuster Redbox President Steps Down As DVD Kiosk Business Struggles (Yes, Redbox Still Exists)
- the redboxening Is Redbox Removing Its Kiosks, Or Just Moving Them?
- redbox Redbox Is Running DVD And Blu-Ray Price Hike Tests Again
- going up Redbox Hikes Prices For Movie And Video Game Rentals