The House Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law is currently holding a hearing on forced arbitration and credit cards, appropriately titled “Federal Arbitration Act: Is the Credit Card Industry Using It To Quash Legal Claims?” Our friends at Public Citizen will be testifying. You can view (or at least listen to) the Real Player stream here.
By alexchasick May 5, 2009
- do something In Wake Of Arbitration Report, Consumer Advocates Ask CFPB To Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”
- arbitration shmarbitration Bill Aims To Restore Consumers’ Legal Rights Stripped Away By Supreme Court Rulings
- no suit for you CFPB Report Confirms That Banks & Credit Card Companies Are Taking Away Your Right To Sue
- written in sand 9 Federal Laws That Companies Can Skirt By Using Forced Arbitration
- banning the ban CFPB To Consider Rules That Would Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”