The House Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law is currently holding a hearing on forced arbitration and credit cards, appropriately titled “Federal Arbitration Act: Is the Credit Card Industry Using It To Quash Legal Claims?” Our friends at Public Citizen will be testifying. You can view (or at least listen to) the Real Player stream here.
By alexchasick May 5, 2009
- do something In Wake Of Arbitration Report, Consumer Advocates Ask CFPB To Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”
- bank error not in your favor Banks Urge Congress To Continue Renewing Their “Get Out Of Jail Free” Cards
- the fine world of fine print Take This Weight-Loss Supplement And Give Up Your Right To A Jury Trial
- arbitration shmarbitration Bill Aims To Restore Consumers’ Legal Rights Stripped Away By Supreme Court Rulings
- Use Your Power 58 Senators Urge CFPB To Create Rules Against Forced Arbitration Clauses In Financial Products