The House Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law is currently holding a hearing on forced arbitration and credit cards, appropriately titled “Federal Arbitration Act: Is the Credit Card Industry Using It To Quash Legal Claims?” Our friends at Public Citizen will be testifying. You can view (or at least listen to) the Real Player stream here.
By alexchasick May 5, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Take This Weight-Loss Supplement And Give Up Your Right To A Jury Trial
- Bill Aims To Restore Consumers’ Legal Rights Stripped Away By Supreme Court Rulings
- Banks Urge Congress To Continue Renewing Their “Get Out Of Jail Free” Cards
- 210 Law Professors Agree: Banks Should Not Be Able To Sidestep Legal System When They Break The Law
- CFPB To Consider Rules That Would Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”