The House Subcommittee on Commercial and Administrative Law is currently holding a hearing on forced arbitration and credit cards, appropriately titled “Federal Arbitration Act: Is the Credit Card Industry Using It To Quash Legal Claims?” Our friends at Public Citizen will be testifying. You can view (or at least listen to) the Real Player stream here.
By alexchasick May 5, 2009
- the great arbitration war of 2017 Congress Set Up For Showdown Over Consumers’ Ability To Sue Corporations
- do something In Wake Of Arbitration Report, Consumer Advocates Ask CFPB To Revoke Banks’ “License To Steal”
- the fine world of fine print Take This Weight-Loss Supplement And Give Up Your Right To A Jury Trial
- arbitration shmarbitration Bill Aims To Restore Consumers’ Legal Rights Stripped Away By Supreme Court Rulings
- do not pass go Proposed Rules Would Take Away Banks’ “Get Out Of Jail Free” Card