The number of banks that will need more capital has grown. Now it looks more like 10 banks that underwent the government stress-tests are undercapitalized, possibly among them Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citigroup and some regional banks, reports WSJ. The good news seems to be that the problems the stress tests are revealing aren’t as bad as analysts had been saying. Clearing out some of that fear contributed to Monday market gains and the S&P 500 entered positive territory for the year for the first time in months.
About 10 Banks May Need More $ After Gov Stress Test
By Ben Popken May 5, 2009
- reforming the reform Bank-Backed Congressman Introducing Law To Gut Consumer Financial Protections
- patch it up Regulators Warn Banks To Plug Any Heartbleed Security Holes ASAP
- Giving A Helping Hand? Discover, Wells Fargo To Offer Private Student Loan Modifications
- recalling the pressure Wells Fargo Employees Say High-Pressure Atmosphere Caused Panic Attacks, Shingles
- look ma no card Wells Fargo Customers Won’t Need A Card To Get Cash At ATMs Anymore