The number of banks that will need more capital has grown. Now it looks more like 10 banks that underwent the government stress-tests are undercapitalized, possibly among them Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citigroup and some regional banks, reports WSJ. The good news seems to be that the problems the stress tests are revealing aren’t as bad as analysts had been saying. Clearing out some of that fear contributed to Monday market gains and the S&P 500 entered positive territory for the year for the first time in months.
About 10 Banks May Need More $ After Gov Stress Test
By Ben Popken May 5, 2009
- patch it up Regulators Warn Banks To Plug Any Heartbleed Security Holes ASAP
- recalling the pressure Wells Fargo Employees Say High-Pressure Atmosphere Caused Panic Attacks, Shingles
- predicting the fallout Report: Fake Account Fiasco Could Cost Wells Fargo $4B, Thousands Of Customers
- do or die Wells Fargo Employees Say Threat Of Being Fired Leads To Bad Behavior
- i want that N.C. Homeowners Wonder How Banks Could Disappear Charlotte’s NASCAR Debt While Taking Their Houses