Nick Kapur at The Motley Fool says that men trade stocks more frequently than women. This is not a good thing; the result of all this hyperactivity and overconfidence is lower earnings on your investment. He writes, “Worse still (for unmarried guys like me) is that single men trade a whopping 67% more than single women, earning them annual net returns of 2.3% less! The authors cite increased trading costs, taxes, and a greater tendency to speculate as reasons for this underperformance.”
Single Men Trade Stocks Too Much
By cwalters March 10, 2009
- It wasn't so bad Costco’s Credit Card Transfer Issues Didn’t Affect Sales, Profits
- who loves bread? Study Touting Health Benefits Of Weight Watchers Also Happens To Be Funded By Weight Watchers
- where are the free samples? Is Costco’s “Meh” Attitude Toward Online Sales Hubris Or Good Business?
- a taxing situation Lawsuit: New York Shouldn’t Charge Sales Tax On Tampons
- hold the salt Court Says NYC’s Salt Warning Labels Can Go Into Effect As Planned