President Obama has signed the stimulus package. “Today does not mark the end of our economic troubles,” Obama said before signing the bill at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. “But it does mark the beginning of the end — the beginning of what we need to do to create jobs for Americans scrambling in the wake of layoffs; to provide relief for families worried they won’t be able to pay next month’s bills; and to set our economy on a firmer foundation.” [CNN]
More From Consumerist
- Controversial Cybersecurity Bill Makes It Into Omnibus, Will Basically Be Law Any Minute Now
- Say Goodbye To Microbeads: President Signs Act To Ban Microscopic Plastic Particles
- Florida Implements Law Protecting Consumers From Surprise Medical Bills
- Does Cord-Cutting Always Automatically Save You Money?
- Report: New Bill Would Let Judges Order Tech Companies To Break Encryption; White House Not Thrilled