Fears of salmonella have drive down sales of peanut butter 25%, far beyond the actual amount of peanut butter affected by the recall. Guess few people actually read the recall notices to see which products and batch numbers are pulled, they just see Peanuts + Butter = Death. [NYT] (Photo: amyadoyzie)
Peanut Butter Sales Down 25% Over Salmonella Fears
By Ben Popken February 10, 2009
- Not The Nut Butter Nut Butter Spreads Recalled Over Salmonella Risk After Report Of 11 Illnesses In Nine States
- peanut contamination Here Are All Of The Snacks Included So Far In The Peanut-Contaminated Flour Recall
- Yumm Salmonella Meijer Recalls Fresh Salads, Sandwiches Over Possible Salmonella Contamination
- cukes of hazard People Are Still Getting Sick From Cucumber Salmonella Outbreak
- oh sugar Why Are There So Many Foods With Metal Pieces All Of A Sudden?