After protests from the First Lady, toy company Ty has agreed not to sell “Sweet Sasha” and “Marvelous Malia” dolls. Ty, the maker of Beanie Babies, had maintained that the dolls were not based on the Obama daughters.
More From Consumerist
- Appeals Court Upholds Probation Sentence For Beanie Babies’ Creator Convicted Of Tax Evasion
- Toy Company Legal Battle Shows Cabbage Patch Kids Still Prompting Fights
- Barbie Dolls Finally Getting More Realistic Curves
- Maker Of Super-Powerful Desktop Magnets Must Recall Pieces, Provide Refunds
- Macy’s Dumps Trump Over Controverial Comments, He Says It Was His Idea