After failing to get the required two-third majority on Wednesday, the House is expected next week to pass legislation delaying the digital television transition to June 12, according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. The Senate has already voted to extend the deadline, and President Obama has indicated he will sign the bill.
By alexchasick January 30, 2009
- the wheels of government Senate Takes First Step Toward Repealing Affordable Care Act
- what's in your food Senate Votes Down Bill That Would Have Overturned States’ GMO Labeling Laws
- you are almost free to speak your mind Bill Outlawing “Gag Clauses” That Punish Customers For Writing Negative Reviews Goes To President
- that was fast Congress Passes Bill Outlawing Vermont’s GMO Labels, Replacing Them With Barcodes
- the wheels of government House Joins Senate In Taking First Step Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal