After failing to get the required two-third majority on Wednesday, the House is expected next week to pass legislation delaying the digital television transition to June 12, according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. The Senate has already voted to extend the deadline, and President Obama has indicated he will sign the bill.
By alexchasick January 30, 2009
More From Consumerist
- Senate Votes Down Bill That Would Have Overturned States’ GMO Labeling Laws
- Congress Passes Bill Outlawing Vermont’s GMO Labels, Replacing Them With Barcodes
- Controversial Cybersecurity Bill Makes It Into Omnibus, Will Basically Be Law Any Minute Now
- Report: New Bill Would Let Judges Order Tech Companies To Break Encryption; White House Not Thrilled
- President Signs Law That Overturns Vermont GMO Labeling Rules, Replaces Them With Barcodes