The boy whose HP was running 200°F and was told by tech support to “buy a cooling mat” used some of the higher-up phone numbers readers posted in the comment on the original post to get in touch with a Senior Case Manager. Despite being out of warranty, they reopened the case and had him send in his laptop. Lo and behold, they fixed it! “It is running great now,” writes Travis. Huzzah!
Update: HP Laptop Runs 200°F, Support Says "Buy A Cooling Mat"
By Ben Popken January 29, 2009
- your computer may be infected Feds Shut Down Phony Apple, Microsoft, Google Tech Support Scammers
- name your price Can You Actually Haggle On Price Of New TV Or Laptop? It’s Worth A Shot
- a problematic process Vanishing Rebate Checks, Canceled Appointments: Stories Of Samsung’s Turbulent Washer Recall
- nexus 5 Google’s Defective Phone Policy Is Tough If You’re On A Fixed Income
- apple Some Macbook Owners Say Their Computers Are Making “Popping” Sounds