The boy whose HP was running 200°F and was told by tech support to “buy a cooling mat” used some of the higher-up phone numbers readers posted in the comment on the original post to get in touch with a Senior Case Manager. Despite being out of warranty, they reopened the case and had him send in his laptop. Lo and behold, they fixed it! “It is running great now,” writes Travis. Huzzah!
Update: HP Laptop Runs 200°F, Support Says "Buy A Cooling Mat"
By Ben Popken January 29, 2009
- nexus 5 Google’s Defective Phone Policy Is Tough If You’re On A Fixed Income
- name your price Can You Actually Haggle On Price Of New TV Or Laptop? It’s Worth A Shot
- hot laptop models HP And Sony Recall Laptop Batteries Due To Possible Overheating And Fires
- thanks for nothing How My Credit Card Company Helped Save My Broken PS4 When Sony Wouldn’t
- error in your favor Reminder: If A Store Won’t Sell You A Laptop For $10, It’s Not Bait And Switch