Gottschalks, a regional department store chain with 61 stores (most of them in California) has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but will continue to operate as usual. Goody’s a clothing retailer that emerged from bankruptcy in October, however, has failed and will be liquidated.
Two More Retail Bankruptcies, Goody's And Gottschalks
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- 156-year Downfall Historic A&P Grocery Chain Files For Bankruptcy Again, Plans To Sell Or Close Locations
- all of this has happened before... American Apparel Files For Bankruptcy (Yes, Again)
- another one bites the dust Teen-Targeted Retailer dELiA*s Is bANkruPt. Will Close Stores, Liquidate Merch
- another retailer bites the dust? Report: Teen Retailer Aeropostale Prepping Bankruptcy Filing