Gottschalks, a regional department store chain with 61 stores (most of them in California) has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but will continue to operate as usual. Goody’s a clothing retailer that emerged from bankruptcy in October, however, has failed and will be liquidated.
Two More Retail Bankruptcies, Goody's And Gottschalks
- it's really happening this time American Apparel To Liquidate Nine Stores Ahead Of January Auction
- internet killed the sporting goods store Midwestern Sporting Goods Chain MC Sports Files For Bankrutpcy, Starts Liquidation Sales
- sporting goods apocalypse Bankrupt Gander Mountain Could Have A Buyer, Allowing Stores To Stay Open
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- all of this has happened before... American Apparel Files For Bankruptcy (Yes, Again)