Gottschalks, a regional department store chain with 61 stores (most of them in California) has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but will continue to operate as usual. Goody’s a clothing retailer that emerged from bankruptcy in October, however, has failed and will be liquidated.
Two More Retail Bankruptcies, Goody's And Gottschalks
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- another retailer bites the dust? Report: Teen Retailer Aeropostale Prepping Bankruptcy Filing
- and another one gone Fast-Casual Chain Cosi Declares Bankruptcy, Shutters 29 Locations
- closing shop After Failing To Find A Buyer, Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Closing All Stores
- the beginning of the end? Aeropostale Delisted For “Abnormally Low” Trading Price After Possible Bankruptcy Report