In which Consumer Reports employees harm themselves or their real estate with consumer products, part 2. In this episode, a CR staffer’s son uses the stove’s self-cleaning feature without removing a plastic cutting board from inside the oven. Yes, the fire department was involved. They had to pull the range out of the kitchen and leave it to cool in the driveway. Awkward. [Consumer Reports]
More From Consumerist
- Payless Pulls Light-Up Sneakers After Report Of Pair Catching On Fire
- Nearly 501,000 Hoverboards Recalled Over Safety, Fire Hazards
- Why Are So Many People Reporting Kenmore Oven Door Explosions?
- 3 Things To Consider Before Cleaning Your Grill With A Wire Brush
- New York City Bans Hoverboards On Buses, Trains