We’ve heard lots about how mortgages get turned into tradeable securities, but they’re not the only thing. No no no, there was far too much Chinese money not able to earn anything on T-bonds for us to let them lie. Credit cards can become asset-backed bonds too. Marketplace’s Paddy Hirsch is back with his whiteboard and dry-erase markers to explain how it works. Video inside.
Video: How Credit Cards Become Bonds
By Ben Popken November 26, 2008
- store error not in your favor A $100 Gift Card Selling For $10 On Walmart.com Is A Mistake, Not Bait & Switch
- bill of swipes Is A Restriction On Credit Card Surcharges A Free Speech Violation?
- dirty laundry AshleyMadison.com, Dating Site For Cheaters, Hacked; User Info Posted Online
- hack attack Do You Ever Shop Anywhere? Congratulations: Your Data Will Be Hacked
- Preparing For The End Of Life The Grim But Necessary Art Of Closing Accounts For Dead Family Members & Loved Ones