We’ve heard lots about how mortgages get turned into tradeable securities, but they’re not the only thing. No no no, there was far too much Chinese money not able to earn anything on T-bonds for us to let them lie. Credit cards can become asset-backed bonds too. Marketplace’s Paddy Hirsch is back with his whiteboard and dry-erase markers to explain how it works. Video inside.
Video: How Credit Cards Become Bonds
By Ben Popken November 26, 2008
- that's a lot of revenue Banks Turned Account Overdraft Fees Into $11.16B In Revenue Last Year
- and you may ask yourself... 3 Things To Consider Before Signing Up For A Store Credit Card
- moody's blues DOJ, States To Sue Moody’s Credit Rating Agency For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- less is mortgage 3 Things That Won’t (Or At Least Shouldn’t) Affect Your Mortgage Pre-Approval
- scamalamadingdong More Details Revealed On WEBLEARN Debit/Credit Card Scam