We’ve heard lots about how mortgages get turned into tradeable securities, but they’re not the only thing. No no no, there was far too much Chinese money not able to earn anything on T-bonds for us to let them lie. Credit cards can become asset-backed bonds too. Marketplace’s Paddy Hirsch is back with his whiteboard and dry-erase markers to explain how it works. Video inside.
Video: How Credit Cards Become Bonds
By Ben Popken November 26, 2008
- that's a lot of revenue Banks Turned Account Overdraft Fees Into $11.16B In Revenue Last Year
- Paying With Fashion MasterCard Launches Program To Make Anything – Clothes, Rings – A Payment Device
- the future is annoying Why Did Two Of My Kohl’s Store Credit Card Payments Go Missing?
- the blame game The Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Disaster: A Cautionary Tale
- this will never happen to you All You Have To Do To Fly Free Forever Is Put A $170M Purchase On Your American Express Card