Here’s hoping for everyone’s sake that some Warbucks type buys up Consumerist, lavishes me with gifts, and allows this great blog to continue. But even so, it never hurts to know about other online services out there. GetSatisfaction.com is a kind of crowdsourced customer service forum where anyone can post about any product or company, and where companies are encouraged to join in. Since the content is grouped around those products and companies, it’s easy to drill down to relevant topics, or to find people who can help answer that customer service question you can’t seem to get resolved. Here’s a sample page on Comcast. That’s right, my first entry as a substitute Consumerist editor today and I’ve already mentioned Comcast.
Customer Service Not Working? Try GetSatisfaction
By cwalters November 14, 2008
- what gift card? Some Time Warner Cable Customers Still Waiting Months For $300 Promotional Gift Cards
- the spirit of 1775 Comcast Admits It Incorrectly Debited $1,775 From Account, Tells Me To Sort It Out With Bank
- dispatches from kabletown Comcast Fights Back Against Washington State’s Potential $3.6B Deceptive Service Plan Lawsuit
- you are now free to complain Speak Freely America: New Federal Law Outlaws Gag Clauses That Punish You For Negative Reviews
- connecting the unconnected Washington Law Would Let Counties Sell Broadband Service When Comcast Won’t