Here’s hoping for everyone’s sake that some Warbucks type buys up Consumerist, lavishes me with gifts, and allows this great blog to continue. But even so, it never hurts to know about other online services out there. GetSatisfaction.com is a kind of crowdsourced customer service forum where anyone can post about any product or company, and where companies are encouraged to join in. Since the content is grouped around those products and companies, it’s easy to drill down to relevant topics, or to find people who can help answer that customer service question you can’t seem to get resolved. Here’s a sample page on Comcast. That’s right, my first entry as a substitute Consumerist editor today and I’ve already mentioned Comcast.
Customer Service Not Working? Try GetSatisfaction
By cwalters November 14, 2008
- How Is This Saving Me Time? Is Comcast’s New Appointment Tracker A Time Saver Or An Unrealistic Concept?
- sorry about that Comcast Apologizes For Early Morning Widespread Service Outage
- dispatches from kabletown Internal Comcast Memo Says Consumerist Is All About “Headlines,” So Here’s One For Them
- who are the people in your neighborhood? 9 Bad Consumers Who Make Things Worse For The Rest Of Us
- dispatches from kabletown Comcast CEO Tries To Cheer Up Employees Following Implosion Of Time Warner Cable Merger