3 years ago, an oil depot owned by Chevron and Total exploded, ruining Ian Silverstein’s house and destroying everything inside. It was Britain’s largest peacetime explosion and he’s lucky to be alive. To date, he has not received a dime in compensation. So he can get his story out there and put pressure on the unresponsive oil companies, a documentary about his story is set to launch December 11, 2008.
Chevron Depot Blows Up Man's House, He Gets Nothing
By Ben Popken November 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Passsengers On Exploded Megabus Get Inadequate Compensation For Bags, Can’t Get Legal Help
- Those Gas Pump “Anti-Skimming” Stickers Are Really Just Pointless Decoration
- Do You Have A Constitutional Right To Shop At Home Depot?
- Family Claims “Hoverboard” Scooter Exploded, Burned Down House
- Man Says He’s “Extremely Lucky” After Falling Chipotle Sign Crushes Car With Him Inside