During the Delta airline flight I rode yesterday, I could swear that in the middle of it they started piping in the sound of a rainstorm. It sounded like one of those Amazon rain forest soundmakers, you know, the ones where it’s a piece of tree limb and you turn it upside down and the beads inside make a pleasant rain sound. Then again, I was sitting pretty far in the back, so maybe it was just the sound of the head emptying. Unfortunately I don’t suffer from synaesthesia and my auditory faculties don’t interfere with my olfactory ones.
Does Delta Pipe-In Rainsounds Midflight?
By Ben Popken October 28, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Man Gets Entire Plane To Himself After Fellow Travelers Catch Other Flights
- Delta Offers Up Workers To Help TSA At Major Hubs In The Name Of Shorter Lines
- Family Claims Delta Air Lines Lost Cat At San Diego Airport
- Alaska Airlines, Feds, & Apple Investigating After iPhone 6 Catches Fire Midair
- Delta Trying To Sell More Premium Cabin Seats To Cut Down On Free Upgrades