“Black Friday” is traditionally known as the day after Thanksgiving where retailers drastically cut their prices and offered crazy door prizes to pack the Christmas shoppers in, but this year, it’s going to be earlier than ever before. Dealnews reports that now it’s no longer just a day, it’s a season, and it’s starting at Halloween. Dealnews expects Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon to start offering Black Friday-esque sales early on gadgets like LCD TVs, Blu-ray players, and GPS devices. This is officially the creepiest of all Christmas Creeps.
"Black Friday" Starting At Halloween This Year
By Ben Popken October 28, 2008
- holidazed and confused More Price-Matching, Better Staffing And Other Black Friday Predictions
- brown thursday Kmart Will Open At 6 A.M. On Thanksgiving, Stay Open 42 Hours Straight
- holiday creep Retailers Are Wearing Us Down: Shoppers Don’t Mind Holiday Creep So Much
- let's get it over with Forget Black Friday, Holiday Shopping Season Starts Tomorrow
- home depot Home Depot’s ‘Spring Black Friday’ Stupidity Is Back