Man will be reimbursed after rats and birds ate his bag of $20 bills. Apparently, they were kind enough to leave the serial numbers intact. The man’s bank manager says that the U.S. Mint “officials instructed her to send the reassembled bills and the [rodent] feces and feathers to them in Washington, D.C.” [AP via Fark]
More From Consumerist
- Petition Against Encryption-Weakening Bill Crosses 40,000 Signatures In Two Days
- Local Official Thinks It’s Uncool To Pay $25 Parking Ticket In Pennies, But Affirms Man’s Right To Do So
- Here’s A Map Of Where Scientists Have Found Mosquitoes Capable Of Carrying Zika In The U.S.
- Lawmakers Introduce Legislation That Would Give Legal Marijuana Businesses Access To Banking Services
- Senate Approves Bill To Outlaw Vermont GMO Labels, Replace Them With Barcodes