While French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been posturing as an international leader during this time of global financial crisis, thieves have been raiding his online bank account, withdrawing small amounts over an extended period of time. Just goes to show that identity theft can happen to anyone, whether or not you’re important enough to have people Photoshop your love handles away. For best protection, install and keep up to date a good security program, like ESET. Only log into your bank from the main URL, never click on a link in an email that appears to be from your financial institutions. Use usernames and passwords that are a string of random letters and numbers. Write them down and hide it in a secure place, not inside of a fresh hot pain au chocolat.
French President's Bank Account Hacked
By Ben Popken October 20, 2008
- protection shmoshmection Identity Theft Company LifeLock Once Again Failed To Actually Keep Identities Protected, Must Pay $100M
- bank error not in your favor My Bank Overdrafted My Account By Putting Two Holds On One Deposit; Doesn’t Care
- one less schemer Interpol Nabs Accused Kingpin Of $60M Global Email Scam In Nigeria
- your government at work IRS Tool To Protect Identity Theft Victims Vulnerable To Identity Thieves
- nothing to see here Payment Processor Ignored Red Flags, Allowed Clients To Withdraw Funds Illegally