While French President Nicolas Sarkozy has been posturing as an international leader during this time of global financial crisis, thieves have been raiding his online bank account, withdrawing small amounts over an extended period of time. Just goes to show that identity theft can happen to anyone, whether or not you’re important enough to have people Photoshop your love handles away. For best protection, install and keep up to date a good security program, like ESET. Only log into your bank from the main URL, never click on a link in an email that appears to be from your financial institutions. Use usernames and passwords that are a string of random letters and numbers. Write them down and hide it in a secure place, not inside of a fresh hot pain au chocolat.
French President's Bank Account Hacked
By Ben Popken October 20, 2008
- Hitting Vulnerable Consumers Twice The Other Danger Of Online Payday Loans: Identity Theft
- is anyone listening to me Who Am I Supposed To Call When My Credit Card Info Is Stolen?
- Who Can You Trust With Your Money? NFL Linebacker Files $20M Lawsuit Against Bank Of America For Alleged Fraud
- protection shmoshmection Identity Theft Company LifeLock Once Again Failed To Actually Keep Identities Protected, Must Pay $100M
- slap on the wrist Bank Of America Could End Investigations Into Its Troubled Mortgage Investments For $20B