Antarctic explorers trudge across the icy wastelands, heavily laden with rucksacks, bound together with rope. This is a good metaphor for understanding the credit crisis, and Paddy Hirsch from American Public Media is going to lay it down on you. Oh no! There’s a crevasses. Yay! Here comes Henry Paulson to come save the banks in his helicopter. The money meltdown is definitely much more digestible, and fun, in stick-figure and whiteboard form. Full video inside.
Video: Credit Crisis As Antarctic Expedition
By Ben Popken October 14, 2008
- meet the penguins First Commercial Passenger Flight Touches Down In Antarctica
- dispatches from kabletown Comcast Begins Devouring Content Creators: Invests $200M In Vox Media
- friday night news dump Moody’s Hit With $864M Penalty For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- moody's blues DOJ, States To Sue Moody’s Credit Rating Agency For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- so cold Antarctica’s Booming Tourism Industry (Yes, Really) Has Scientists Worried About Its Environment