Antarctic explorers trudge across the icy wastelands, heavily laden with rucksacks, bound together with rope. This is a good metaphor for understanding the credit crisis, and Paddy Hirsch from American Public Media is going to lay it down on you. Oh no! There’s a crevasses. Yay! Here comes Henry Paulson to come save the banks in his helicopter. The money meltdown is definitely much more digestible, and fun, in stick-figure and whiteboard form. Full video inside.
Video: Credit Crisis As Antarctic Expedition
By Ben Popken October 14, 2008
- meet the penguins First Commercial Passenger Flight Touches Down In Antarctica
- moody's blues DOJ, States To Sue Moody’s Credit Rating Agency For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- know your options Amazon & Wells Fargo Hope That A Partnership And Discounts Will Entice You Into A Private Student Loan
- dispatches from kabletown Comcast Incorrectly Insists Customer Still Owes $400; Her Credit Score Drops By 215 Points
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Add Protections, Improve Transparency; Take Effect Oct. 2017