The Dow is down over 800 points, and the day isn’t even over. This beats last week’s all-time record of 777 points. A global credit crisis is in full swing, with versions of what just decimated Wall Street repeating itself across Europe as governments swoop in with bailouts of high-profile banks. Verily, blood is in the streets. Hm, what’s that old saw? Oh. Right. Buy when there’s blood in the streets.
A Blacker Monday
By Ben Popken October 6, 2008
- moody's blues DOJ, States To Sue Moody’s Credit Rating Agency For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- Too Big To Jail Lawmaker Seeks FBI Files On Financial Crash; Wants To See Why No Bank Execs Were Arrested
- too big to fail Federal Judge: Government Didn’t Prove MetLife Is ‘Too Big To Fail’
- stashing cash There’s More Money Loaded On Starbucks Cards Than Customer Deposits At Several Banks
- dude where's my pin? Home Depot Accuses Visa, MasterCard Of Colluding On “Defective” Credit Cards