The Treasury Department showed off four sexy new designs for the back of the penny, a facelift to commemorate the 2009 bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln’s birth. One image shows Lincoln’s log cabin, one of him taking a break from splitting rails to read a book, one of them with the Capitol mid-construction, and the last of him gesturing towards the state capitol building in Springfield, Illinois! Yeah. Pennies. In the middle of the financial implosion, we’re worrying about what the pennies look like.
Four New Penny Designs Unveiled!
By Ben Popken September 24, 2008
- born in the usa Toy Company Brings Production Of Lincoln Logs Back To The U.S.
- Expensive Change Production Of Pennies, Nickels Cost Taxpayers $105 Million In 2013
- small change Local Official Thinks It’s Uncool To Pay $25 Parking Ticket In Pennies, But Affirms Man’s Right To Do So
- re-re-re-reinvention JCPenney Wants To Bring Current Customers Back More Often, Maybe Also Find New Ones
- Pretty Pennies Dealership Gives Disgruntled Customer $100 Refund… In Loose Change