The Treasury Department showed off four sexy new designs for the back of the penny, a facelift to commemorate the 2009 bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln’s birth. One image shows Lincoln’s log cabin, one of him taking a break from splitting rails to read a book, one of them with the Capitol mid-construction, and the last of him gesturing towards the state capitol building in Springfield, Illinois! Yeah. Pennies. In the middle of the financial implosion, we’re worrying about what the pennies look like.
Four New Penny Designs Unveiled!
By Ben Popken September 24, 2008
- re-re-re-reinvention JCPenney Wants To Bring Current Customers Back More Often, Maybe Also Find New Ones
- small change Ticked-Off NFL Player Pays $3,900 Car Shop Bill Entirely In Coins
- you can't afford this Of Course The Rolls-Royce Driverless Electric Car Has A Silk Sofa & A Light-Up Red Carpet
- basically free stuff JCPenney Will Actually Be Selling Some Items For A Penny
- caller id spoofing Technology That Improves Phones Also Means Scam Calls Are Easy And Dirt Cheap