If the website Boy Genius Report is correct, next week Verizon Wireless will start offering contract-free, month-to-month service. Pretty much everyone will be eligible for it, but of course you’ll have to pay full price for a phone or bring your own, there’ll be an activation fee that can’t be waived, and if you take advantage of any special offers that require a contract, you’ll have to switch over to a contract agreement. It’s supposed to start on September 21st.
Verizon Wireless Going Contract-Free Next Week?
By cwalters September 18, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Verizon Continues To Follow Others, Now Offers To Pay For Customers To Switch
- AT&T Ditching New 2-Year Contracts On January 8
- AT&T Raises Phone Upgrade And Activation Fee To $20, Matches Verizon
- Verizon Gets Rid Of Contracts, Cheap Phones (For New Customers Only, Of Course)
- The Consumerist Guide To Understanding Your Verizon Wireless Bill