WaMu has begun to try to sell itself. So far, no takers. If no one buys it, one of two things will happen. Either it will be placed into a conservatorship, like IndyMac, or form a bridge bank, a kind of temporary bank. So the question for depositors is: wait to find out who your new masters are, or pull out now and decide for yourself?
WaMu Begins To Sell Itself
By Ben Popken September 17, 2008
- Who Got Hacked? Card Reissued Because Of A Breach? Good Luck Finding Out Where The Hack Happened
- brought to you by the letter $ Judge Tells Minnesota Vikings & Wells Fargo To Settle Stadium “Photo Bombing” Spat
- the future is soon Citi Testing Screenless, Cardless ATMs
- One Bank's Misfortune... U.S. Bank CEO Warns Employees: Make Fun Of Wells Fargo And You’re Fired
- banks behaving badly Wells Fargo’s High-Pressure Sales Strategy Probed By Federal Regulators