It’s scary times for investors, so Bankrate has “6 Deadly Investing Mistakes” to avoid, most of which involve you not freaking out.
1. Panicking over market fluctuations
2. Reacting to daily economic reports
3. Turning off your buying during a downturn
4. Trying to time the market
5. Not maintaining appropriate asset allocation
6. Abandoning your investment strategy
These days, sometimes putting my standard portion from every paycheck in my mutual funds feels like tossing coins down a wishing well, but I plug at it anyway, knowing someday we’ll pull up from this dive.