The Corn Refiners Association is sick and tired of people expressing uncertainty about the dubious heath benefits of high fructose corn syrup, so they’re running some commercials featuring aggressively annoying people getting schooled on the “facts” about our most omnipresent sweetener. All we managed to glean from the commercials is that not consuming high fructose corn syrup makes you rude. In the first one, one mom walks up to another (who is pouring some sort of pink liquid from a jug) and says, “Wow, you don’t care what the kids eat, huh?” What a jerk.
It Looks Like High Fructose Corn Syrup Manufacturers Are Getting A Little Nervous
More From Consumerist
- Big Corn & Big Sugar Confidentially Settle 4-Year-Old False Advertising Lawsuit
- Sierra Mist Performs Another Sweetener Switcharoo, Angers Fans Again
- Papa John’s Eliminating High Fructose Corn Syrup From The Menu
- Soda Makers Advertise New And Exciting Ingredient: Sugar
- Why Hasn’t McDonald’s Gotten Rid Of Artificial Additives In The Big Mac’s Special Sauce?