The price of oil dropped $2.19 today, to $117.91, spurring a stock market and dollar rally. Sounds like good news. Except that it’s dropping because the market thinks more people won’t be able to afford to drive their cars as much. Who’s up for a “staycation?”
Oil Prices Drop, Sadly
By Ben Popken August 8, 2008
- how low can you go? Price War: Several Michigan Gas Stations Sold Gas For Under $1/Gallon
- hey it's me elon Tesla Claims Man With Pals In Big Oil Tried To Impersonate Elon Musk
- crying wolf Despite Threats Of Disaster, Investors In Comcast, Verizon, Etc. All Seem Totally Fine With FCC’s Plan To Reclassify Broadband
- it's really happening You Can Buy Gas For Under $2 Per Gallon In At Least 12 States Right Now
- funny money Bitcoin: What The Heck Is It, And How Does It Work?