What do you do if you need a passport in less than three weeks? Don’t shell out for one of those passport expediters, call your Member of Congress. They have these things called constituent liaisons, whose whole reason for existence is prodding other executive agencies. This is the number one way to get a passport quickly. Call the district office for your Congress Critter, which is the number that doesn’t start with 202. A list of Members of Congress can be found here. Another thing to try is paying the extra $60 at the USPS for expedited passport service. The best thing to do is, of course, apply early, but if for some reason that hasn’t happened, getting a hold of a constituent liaison is the way to go.
How To Get A Passport Fast
By Ben Popken July 1, 2008
- ch-ch-ch-changes If Your Passport Is Full, Request Those Extra Pages Now: State Dept. Eliminating Page Inserts Jan. 1
- more than just debt collection FCC Confirms: Entire U.S. Government Allowed To Place Annoying Robocalls
- war of words Congressional Committee Grills FCC About The Way They Do The Things They Do
- do the thing Advocates, Lawmakers, Even Best Buy Call On FCC To Approve Cable Box Plan
- don't forget your passport Uber Will Now Take You From San Diego To Tijuana, Won’t Bring You Back