Here is the live audio and powerpoint from a recent presentation I gave called, “The 5 Things Your Customers Aren’t Telling You.” This is number 3, “Stop Hiding Behind Walls Of Robots.” It’s all about how companies think they’re saving money by replacing humans with machines but sometimes machines can’t do jobs as well as humans, especially when it comes to customer service. I brought the point to life with a funny little story about eBay and their wonderfully inept automated email response system. I hope you enjoy the video, including the intro and outro ditties I worked up on my girlfriend’s old Yamaha synth.
How Robots Are Killing Customer Service
By Ben Popken May 20, 2008
- would you like to play a game? Lowe’s New Customer Service Robot Just Sounds Like A Really Good Employee
- do pizza robots dream of electric cheese? Pizza Robots Continue To Proliferate As Pizza Hut Tests Order-Taking Humanoid
- outsourcing the outsourcers As Expected, Robots Are Taking Over Call Center Jobs
- the human touch United Airlines Reply Robot Returns, Responds To Complaint By “Mr. Human”
- domo arigato mr. roboto Google: Calm Down, Artificial Intelligence Research Won’t Lead To Robot Revolution