Here is the live audio and powerpoint from a recent presentation I gave called, “The 5 Things Your Customers Aren’t Telling You.” This is number 3, “Stop Hiding Behind Walls Of Robots.” It’s all about how companies think they’re saving money by replacing humans with machines but sometimes machines can’t do jobs as well as humans, especially when it comes to customer service. I brought the point to life with a funny little story about eBay and their wonderfully inept automated email response system. I hope you enjoy the video, including the intro and outro ditties I worked up on my girlfriend’s old Yamaha synth.
How Robots Are Killing Customer Service
By Ben Popken May 20, 2008
- do pizza robots dream of electric cheese? Pizza Robots Continue To Proliferate As Pizza Hut Tests Order-Taking Humanoid
- outsourcing the outsourcers As Expected, Robots Are Taking Over Call Center Jobs
- better left unseen Facebook’s Robots Are Working Hard On Content Moderation So Humans Don’t Have To
- bleep bloop blop beep Best Buy Testing Robot Customer Service Employees
- robot overlords Autonomous Robots Will Be Delivering Food In London, Packages In Germany