The CDC says several large salmonella outbreaks going back to 2006 were started by tainted dog food. “This is the first time human illness has been linked to dry dog food,” says a CDC epidemiologist. Always wash your hands after handling pet food.
By cwalters May 16, 2008
More From Consumerist
- CDC Says Salmonella Outbreak In Cucumbers That Began In August Is Finally Over
- Pistachios Sold At Trader Joe’s & Other Stores Recalled After 9-State Salmonella Outbreak
- People Are Still Getting Sick From Cucumber Salmonella Outbreak
- 7 Things We Learned About Food Safety Oversight From A Foodborne Illness Expert
- We May Never Know What Caused Chipotle’s E. Coli Outbreak