A testament to the “Series of Tubes” meme’s pervasiveness is its inclusion in an AT&T FastAccess business DSL tech support manual. According to a former employee, her bosses who made the manual were big nerds and read BoingBoing, Gizmodo, and The Consumerist. She also says in one of the the tech support training videos for the new customer Yahoo portal that’s rolling out later this month, it shows how to create a feed for The Consumerist. Note too that the internet is depicted as a giant fluffy cloud.
"Series Of Tubes," Mario Reference, Found In ATT Manual
By Ben Popken May 14, 2008
- more smoking phones Apple Investigating After iPhone 7 Plus Reportedly Explodes, Catches Fire
- yeah science! Comcast Says that Mobile Data is Competitive, but it Costs $2k to Stream ‘Breaking Bad’ Over LTE
- thanks for nuthin' Citi Can’t Stop AT&T From Saying “Thanks”… For Now
- shutting it down Yahoo Closing Games Portal, Other Services In Bid To Streamline Focus
- reunited and it feels so good Sex Manual Returned 54 Years Late After Failing To Save Library Patron’s Marriage