A testament to the “Series of Tubes” meme’s pervasiveness is its inclusion in an AT&T FastAccess business DSL tech support manual. According to a former employee, her bosses who made the manual were big nerds and read BoingBoing, Gizmodo, and The Consumerist. She also says in one of the the tech support training videos for the new customer Yahoo portal that’s rolling out later this month, it shows how to create a feed for The Consumerist. Note too that the internet is depicted as a giant fluffy cloud.
"Series Of Tubes," Mario Reference, Found In ATT Manual
By Ben Popken May 14, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Citi Can’t Stop AT&T From Saying “Thanks”… For Now
- AT&T Is Holding Open Enrollment For Phone Insurance, If You’re Into That
- Could New DirecTV Streaming Service Be A Replacement For Satellite TV?
- CEO Email Scam Returns With A Special Tax Season Twist
- Trilogy Of Set-Top Terror: Cable Box Horror Stories From Consumerist Readers