A testament to the “Series of Tubes” meme’s pervasiveness is its inclusion in an AT&T FastAccess business DSL tech support manual. According to a former employee, her bosses who made the manual were big nerds and read BoingBoing, Gizmodo, and The Consumerist. She also says in one of the the tech support training videos for the new customer Yahoo portal that’s rolling out later this month, it shows how to create a feed for The Consumerist. Note too that the internet is depicted as a giant fluffy cloud.
"Series Of Tubes," Mario Reference, Found In ATT Manual
By Ben Popken May 14, 2008
- thanks for nuthin' Citi Can’t Stop AT&T From Saying “Thanks”… For Now
- open enrollment AT&T Is Holding Open Enrollment For Phone Insurance, If You’re Into That
- the future is soon Could New DirecTV Streaming Service Be A Replacement For Satellite TV?
- fake bosses CEO Email Scam Returns With A Special Tax Season Twist
- boxed in Trilogy Of Set-Top Terror: Cable Box Horror Stories From Consumerist Readers