A testament to the “Series of Tubes” meme’s pervasiveness is its inclusion in an AT&T FastAccess business DSL tech support manual. According to a former employee, her bosses who made the manual were big nerds and read BoingBoing, Gizmodo, and The Consumerist. She also says in one of the the tech support training videos for the new customer Yahoo portal that’s rolling out later this month, it shows how to create a feed for The Consumerist. Note too that the internet is depicted as a giant fluffy cloud.
"Series Of Tubes," Mario Reference, Found In ATT Manual
By Ben Popken May 14, 2008
- yikes Comcast Apologizes For Tech Crew Whose Truck May Have Caused Multiple Accidents
- thanks for nuthin' Citi Can’t Stop AT&T From Saying “Thanks”… For Now
- uncarrier 4 Rumor: T-Mobile Will Pay Your Whole Family’s Early Termination Fee If You Switch
- reunited and it feels so good Sex Manual Returned 54 Years Late After Failing To Save Library Patron’s Marriage
- we know where you've been Uber: No, We’re Not Going To Sell User Information